Series Three: Episode 2 is the second episode of Luther, Series Three. This is the twelth episode of the Luther series.
Luther trawls through cold case files, determined to predict the killer's next move.
Luther investigates the deaths of Dani Lane and her husband Craig, the people he was trying to telephone when he and DS Ripley had their dust up at the station. He tells Ripley to concentrate on Ken Barnaby and the Jared Cass murder and leave the Lane investigation to him. Luther sees obvious similarities to the murder of Emily Hammond and the 30 year old Shoreditch Creeper murders but the retired police officer in charge of that case, Ronnie Holland, is found dead in his house. The file however eventually leads him to William Carney who now lives in a retirement home and who has frequent visits from Paul Ellis. Meanwhile, Erin Gray makes it clear to Luther that she is still pursuing him.
- Idris Elba as DCI John Luther
- Warren Brown as DC Justin Ripley
- Dermot Crowley as DSU Martin Schenk
- Nikki Amuka-Bird as DS Erin Gray
- Sienna Guillory as Mary Day
- David O'Hara as DSU George Stark
- Michael Smiley as Benny Silver
- Kevin Fuller as Paul Ellis
- Selva Rasalingam as Craig Lane
- Sasha Behar as Dani Lane
- Laura Pyper as Jodie
- Olesa Altass as Ayesha
- Ned Dennehy as William Carney
- Lucian Msamati as Ken Barnaby
- Maria Miles as Tessa Barnaby
- Lizzie Hopley as Dr. Joy Harris
- Alexandra Moen as Eve
|Series Three Episodes|
|Series Three: Episode 1 • Series Three: Episode 2 • Series Three: Episode 3 • Series Three: Episode 4|