Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Luther investigates two horrific cases, unaware his every step is under scrutiny.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Emily Hammond is killed in her flat by a fetishist who makes up and wigs her corpse, the slaying recalling the murders thirty years earlier by a serial killer the Shoreditch Creeper, who had connections with Emily's house. At the same time, Ripley is introduced by embittered Erin Gray to creepy, "unretired" superintendent Stark, anxious to nail Luther for killing people who eluded justice and taking the law into his own hands. Stark and Gray put a wire on Ripley as he and Luther investigate the apparently ritual murder of obscene Internet troll Jared Cass. Prime suspect is Ken Barnaby, who was plagued by Cass with taunts over his dead daughter but Luther feels sorry for him, warning him of likely arrest which spurs Ken to take extreme action. Luther finds romance with Mary Day after they literally bump into each other in a traffic prang but the killer strikes again, murdering Dani Lane (who was Emily's baby-sitter in the 1980s) and her husband.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Idris Elba as DCI John Luther
- Warren Brown as DC Justin Ripley
- Dermot Crowley as DSU Martin Schenk
- Nikki Amuka-Bird as DS Erin Gray
- Sienna Guillory as Mary Day
- David O'Hara as DSU George Stark
- Rachel Hankey as Emily Hammond
- Kevin Fuller as Paul Ellis
- Michael Smiley as Benny Silver
- Shaun Mason as Sean Beamish
- Lucian Msamati as Ken Barnaby
- Maria Miles as Tessa Barnaby
- Sasha Behar as Dani Lane
- Selva Rasalingam as Craig Lane
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "I Got A Thing" Performed by Hanni El Khati (played at the end of this episode).
|Series Three Episodes|
|Series Three: Episode 1 • Series Three: Episode 2 • Series Three: Episode 3 • Series Three: Episode 4|